Northeast Tennessee’s advertising and marketing professionals donned their best 80s golf attire for the “cADDYs”, with the theme of “Caddyshack” at the 2012 American Advertising Federation’s Awards on Saturday, February 18th. The event was held at the Johnson City Country Club.
Creative Energy, the Tri-Cities largest locally owned, full service advertising agency, needed no mulligan on this night, as the team took home fourteen ADDY® awards for its creative work. “I’m very proud of our team,” said Creative Energy president Tony Treadway. “The work of our employees indicates leadership in both creative and strategic thinking that increases sales and brand awareness for our clients. This year, it was important to note that our awards included work in the growing area of social media as well as traditional advertising.”
The ADDY Awards are the nation’s oldest creative competition, sponsored by the American Advertising Federation. Creative Energy won four Gold ADDYs, which will advance to the district competition. Winners of the districts can advance to the national competition.
Creative Energy’s winning entries are as follows:
- Gold ADDY® Southern Dozen Campaign: Johnson City Convention and Visitors Bureau integrated print, online, social media and public relations campaign to promote motorcycle rides in the area.
- Gold ADDY, Universal Fibers Campaign: A trade advertising campaign positioning the company’s senior leadership as leaders in the field of renewable textile resources.
- Gold ADDY, Coca-Cola Under The Lid Rewards Insert : A peel-off magazine ad for Coca-Cola.
- Gold ADDY, Saddle Up Direct Mail: A dimensional direct mailer created for TW Garner’s Texas Pete® hot sauce.
- Silver ADDY, Pal’s Holiday Puzzler Game: A Facebook application-based promotion created for Pal’s Sudden Service.
- Silver ADDY, Pal’s Holiday Puzzler Campaign: An integrated campaign of Outdoor, Radio and Facebook application created for Pal’s Sudden Service.
- Silver ADDY, Pal’s Chillin’ Billboard: Billboard campaign created for Pal’s Sudden Service to promote cool summer drinks.
- Silver ADDY, Chipotle Smoke: Half-page ad created for TW Garner’s Texas Pete® hot sauce.
- Silver ADDY, Chipotle Smoke: Full-page ad created for TW Garner’s Texas Pete® hot sauce.
- Silver ADDY, Sgt. Mahoney Texas Pete® Ad: Full-page ad created for TW Garner’s Texas Pete® hot sauce.
- Silver ADDY, Universal Fibers Healthy Fiber Ad: Fractional page ad created for Universal Fibers, Inc.
- Silver ADDY, Better Nutrition Ad Campaign: A national ad campaign promoting Better Nutrition products from Red Gold.
- Silver ADDY, Secure Backup Direct Mail: A direct mail piece designed for Secure Backup Online Services.
- Silver ADDY, General Shale 2012 Calendar: A photo calendar highlighting brick homes for General Shale.
Creative Energy President Tony Treadway was also given a special award during the event, the American Advertising Federation Silver Medal Award. Silver Medal recipients are selected by a panel of judges who base the award on several criteria, including the person’s contribution to his or her company, the person’s creative ability and his or her contributions to the advancement of advertising and to the general community.